NOW HIRING: Community Development Planners, 2 positions available
The Upper Minnesota Valley Regional Development Commission (UMVRDC) is looking for two community development planners — one experienced and one entry-level — to develop and manage projects with cities, counties, and other organizations in the five-county UMVRDC region of Big Stone, Swift, Lac qui Parle, Chippewa and Yellow Medicine Counties.
- We have openings for two Community Development Planners: one with 3-5 years experience, and one entry-level.
- First round of applications will be considered November 8 and will be reviewed every two weeks until positions are filled.
- Applications that do not include all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
- The application is available below. It is a Word document.
About the Positions
- Community Development Planner, Entry-level: See the Position Profile for detailed explanation of the position and information about our agency.
- Community Development Planner, Experienced: See the Position Profile for detailed explanation of the position and information about our agency.
- Starting salary depending on experience and qualifications.
- Benefits include full single health insurance high deductible plan ($3,000 single/$6,000 family maximum), 50% family coverage, full single dental, agency funded health savings account ($1,500 in 2013), life, flexible benefits plan, vacation leave, sick leave, school leave, flexible work scheduling, deferred compensation plan, Roth 457, Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA).
The positions are available starting immediately.
This positions will remain open until filled.
Job offers are not final until receiving the UMVRDC Board of Commissioners’ approval and upon successful completion of a background and credit check.
- Please complete the following application, sign and date it, and enclose the required attachments. Applications can be accepted electronically or in hard copy.
- Send application, copies of college transcripts, and cover letter highlighting three things you can bring to the UMVRDC Community Development Team to:
323 West Schlieman Avenue
Appleton, MN 56208
320-289-1981 ext. 1
Application Attachment Checklist (this checklist is included in the application)
___Cover letter highlighting three things you can contribute to the UMVRDC community development team.
___ List ALL work history:
- Include internships.
- Explain any gaps in employment.
- Detailed explanation of work responsibilities and accomplishments.
___ Provided detailed summary of computer experience
___ Provided detailed summary of Community Development Planner expertise
___Attach All School Transcripts
___Signed Certification and Authorization Statement
___ Form DD-214 or FL-802 if claiming veterans preference
___Other Attachments: To assist us in evaluating your application, please feel free to attach any additional information necessary to describe your full qualifications.
___Additional Work History: If you need more space for work history, please use this form.