CEDS: Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
The UMVRDC’s draft CEDS document will be posted from October 31st thru November 21st, 2016 for public review and comment. The CEDS is posted in accordance with EDA’s regulations found in the Federal Register at 13 C.F.R. part 303.
- Study of Studies
- Map of Broadband Availability in Minnesota
- Regional Profile
- SW Private Industry Council Workforce Plan (DRAFT)
- Acronyms Explained
The latest news from the CEDS Committee:
- The final UMVRDC 2016 Annual Report CEDS has been completed and is availble for viewing by clicking here.
- Notes from the CEDS kickoff meeting are available to view or download here: Reflections from the CEDS Kickoff Meeting
What is CEDS?
A comprehensive economic development strategy (CEDS) is designed to:
- Bring together the public and private sectors
- Create an economic roadmap to diversify and strengthen regional economies
- Analyze the regional economy
- Serve as a guide for establishing regional goals and objectives
- Develop a regional plan for implementation and action
- Identify investment priorities and funding sources.
A CEDS document is required by the U.S. Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration (EDA) in order to maintain Economic Development District (EDD) status which the UMVRDC holds for the five counties in Region 6W. This EDD status allows the UMVRDC to work with local units of government to apply for funding through EDA for public works and planning projects.
Keep an eye out for the following opportunities to provide community input and ensure your community’s projects are on EDA’s project list! (If community projects are not included in the plan they will not be funded through EDA.)
- County Meetings – encourage local residents, business and community leaders to get involved and attend one of these sessions to help format the new vision for the CEDS update
- ED Pro’s Meetings – These are offered several times a year, with agenda’s that focus on timely topics for city staff, county staff and economic development professionals throughout the region, the CEDS Update will be a natural fit on the agenda and will look for critical feedback from attending professionals.
- Website Updates – for all the latest demographic analysis stay tuned to www.umvrdc.org.
Develop MN: Statewide Umbrella Plan for RDOs
Develop MN is an initiative of the Minnesota Association of Development Organizations (MADO) who in 2015 released a plan outlining collaborative strategies for growth and prosperity in greater Minnesota. The UMVRDC shared in the development of this plan and will continue to actively participate in the implementation bringing new opportunities, alliances and resources to the UMVRDC region. This plan for greater Minnesota creates the frame work that all regions will use to update their local Comprehensive Economic Development Strategies (CEDS). In 2016 the UMVRDC will implement a CEDS update process for the region. For questions, comments, or for interest in participating in the region’s Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) update please contact Dawn Hegland at email@example.com
Have questions about CEDS? Contact our office directly at 320/289-1981.