The Upper Minnesota Valley Regional Development Commission (UMVRDC) is looking for an outgoing, detailed oriented professional that can work as part of a team to manage of a variety of grants, loans, and assist with a variety of financial management duties. Candidates that are passionate about their work, curious to find solutions for locally identified issues, and who thrive working on a diverse portfolio of work are ideal for this position. Employees who demonstrate strong initiative and self-motivation, increasing levels of responsibility, and excellent personal relation skills in prior positions are ideal.
Join an office culture that has great flexibility to achieve your ideal work/life balance. Be a part of a team who is pioneering rural practices and tactics inside our office and in the work we do every day.
- Degree in business administration, public administration, finance, or a related field AND 2 years of relevant work experience in finance or grants management or project administration required; OR unrelated degree and 5 years minimum related experience in finance, grants administration, project administration required.
- Must be able to travel regularly and work within the UMVRDC region
- Experience utilizing accounting principles and procedures
- Experience providing customer service
- Must have the ability to operate a motor vehicle and possess and maintain a Minnesota driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Experience managing confidential information.
- Competency with technology and web based software
- Experience in payroll procedures and related tax filings and reporting requirements
- Experience with loan processing or loan servicing
- Working with HUD CDBG funds or MN Small Cities Development Program
- Grant writing experience
$ 47,000+ DOE
$1,000 signing incentive!
GREAT BENEFITS! Benefits include employer paid health insurance and family coverage cost sharing, dental, significant health savings account employer contributions, pre-tax flexible spending account, tax deferred retirement savings programs, life insurance, PERA, retirement investment incentive, education savings plan incentive, paid holidays, generous paid vacation, sick, parental leave and more.
All finalists considered will be subject to a criminal background check.
How to Apply: (click on the links below)
The UMVRDC utilizes a three-part candidate screening process:
- Candidates submit a resume and cover letter showcasing how their education and/or experience meets the minimum qualifications for this position as stated in the Grant Management Specialist Essential Duties and Qualifications. This information should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Up to 10 candidates will be asked to complete a full application
- Up to 5 candidates will be interviewed.
This position will remain open until filled. The UMVRDC is an equal opportunity employer.