Full time loan offer position with the primary responsibility for the management of the UMVRDC’s Revolving Loan Fund. This fund is a federally funded $3.5 million dollar business gap lending program financed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and local counties in the five-county UMVRDC region of Big Stone, Swift, Lac qui Parle, Chippewa and Yellow Medicine.
See Job Description for detailed explanation of position.
Education and/or Experience
Related 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration preferred and a minimum of two years of Business Banking or Commercial Lending experience preferred OR a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience working in business lending.
- Knowledge of generally accepted loan processing procedures.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and procedures; Knowledge of basic government accounting principles and methodologies a plus.
- Strong competency with technology and web-based loan management software.
- Must be able to travel regularly and work within the UMVRDC region including early morning, evening and overnight travel.
- Experience working with government policies and regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience providing customer service.
- Must have the ability to operate a motor vehicle and possess and maintain a Minnesota driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Interest in pursuing additional training and professional certifications.
- All finalists considered will be subject to a criminal background check and credit report.
- Experience with business related marketing including social media
- Experience working with a boards and committees
- Experience working in local government a plus
- Flexibility to work from home and as part of an in-person office environment
- Staff travel frequently to meetings and events.
- Staff work individually and as part of a team to develop and complete projects.
- Flexible work hours and accommodating work schedule for the perfect work-life balance!
- Opportunities for professional development.
Salary & Benefits
- Starting Salary $50,000-$85,000 + depending on experience, with an additional estimated value of benefits ranging from $30,000-$50,000.
- $1,000 hiring bonus!
- Flexibility to work from home and as part of an in-person office environment!
Benefits include flexible work schedule, telecommute options, paid vacation and sick leave, full single coverage for agency high deductible health insurance plan and 50% paid family coverage, full single dental coverage, agency investment in employee health savings account, life, flexible benefits plan, agency incentive for employee investment in retirement savings plans, 529 plan incentive, Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA).
The position will remain open until filled.
Job offers are not final until successful completion of a reference, background and credit check.
The UMVRDC utilizes a three-part candidate screening process:
- Candidates submit a resume and cover letter highlighting three reasons why you are the best fit for this job. This information should be sent to Dawn Hegland, Executive Director email@example.com
- Up to 10 candidates will be asked to complete a full application
- Up to 5 candidates will be interviewed.
Equal Opportunity Employer