REGIONAL ACTION PLAN
Regional Food Business Center
The North Central USDA Regional Food Business Center (NCRFBC) will accelerate the transformation of regional food systems and increase economic activity of small/mid-sized agricultural value chains in North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota.
The purpose of this Action Plan is to identify needs and opportunities that support a regional food network throughout our five-county region. The Action Plan will direct resources over the next five years that are the result of the USDA funded NCRFBC grant award.
The overall goals of the NCRFBC are:
- To have a more regionalized food system
- To create more economic benefits for growing local foods.
The Upper Minnesota Valley Regional Development Commission (UMVRDC) will provide technical assistance to advance the local food system in the UMVRDC region.
The UMVRDC will do this through the following:
- Coordinate with other partners on a regular basis to identify gaps and avoid duplication.
- Review the Action plan and determine priorities, timeline, and project lead.
- Leverage funds by writing grants for local foods systems improvements.
- Evaluate and update this Action Plan