Types of Activities Financed
- Business start-ups or expansions with priority given to manufacturing, technology and/or diversification of the local economy.
- Non-profits are eligible for financing but must meet all other lending requirements.
- Commercial/retail activities must fulfill a local need for essential goods and services and not be in direct competition with a similar business
Key Lending Objectives
- Job Creation – 1st priority
- Job Retention – 2nd priority
- Create or retain full-time livable wage jobs
- Encourage private sector investment
- Support diversification of the regional economy