The Minnesota River Valley National Scenic Byway Alliance is a partnership of counties, cities, chambers of commerce, river valley residents, businesses, tourism organizations, and historic and preservation groups from throughout the valley as well as representatives from various state agencies and organizations. The byway has a technical assistance contract under which the UMVRDC provides fiscal and staff services. The Alliance meets monthly to discuss the byway’s general management including marketing, infrastructure and site development, and resource protection.
The Minnesota River Valley National Scenic Byway Alliance seeks to:
- Share nationally important stories of the U.S.-Dakota War of 1862 and geology of the Valley
- Increase partnerships along the Minnesota River
- Educate residents and visitors about the recreation, scenic, historical, cultural and archaeological characteristics of the river valley
- Link together the Minnesota River to promote as a tourism destination
- Increase economic vitality for the region.
- Provide visitors with a safe, convenient and memorable experience.
For more detailed information about the Minnesota River Valley National Scenic Byway and its activities visit their website: www.mnrivervalley.com. For more information about this program at the UMVRDC contact: Kristi.email@example.com || 320-289-1981 ext. 106