Primary responsibility will be the management of the UMVRDC’s Revolving Loan Fund. This fund is a federally funded $3.5 million dollar business gap lending program financed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and local counties in the five-county UMVRDC region of Big Stone, Swift, Lac qui Parle, Chippewa and Yellow Medicine.
Minimum Qualification Overview
See Job Description for detailed explanation of position.
Education and/or Experience
Related 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration preferred and a minimum of two years 2 years’ of Business Banking or Commercial Lending experience preferred OR a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience working in business lending.
- Knowledge of generally accepted loan processing procedures.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and procedures; Knowledge of basic government accounting principles and methodologies a plus.
- Strong competency with technology and web-based loan management software
- Must be able to travel regularly and work within the UMVRDC region including early morning, evening and overnight travel.
- Experience working with government policies and regulation
- Strong oral and written communication experience
- Project management experience
- Experience providing customer service
- Must have the ability to operate a motor vehicle and possess and maintain a Minnesota driver’s license.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Interest in pursuing additional training and professional certifications.
- All finalists considered will be subject to a criminal background check and credit report.
- Experience with business related marketing including social media
- Experience working with a board
- Experience working with local governments
- Staff travel frequently to meetings and events.
- Staff work individually and as part of a team to develop and complete projects.
- Flexible work hours and accommodating work schedule.
- Ability to telecommute.
- Opportunities for professional development.
Salary & Benefits
Starting Salary $45-65,000 + depending on experience.
Benefits include flexible work schedule, paid vacation and sick leave, full single coverage for agency high deductible health insurance plan and 50% paid family coverage, full single dental coverage, agency investment in employee health savings account, life, flexible benefits plan, agency incentive for employee investment in retirement savings plans, 529 plan incentive, Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA).
First round of applications will be considered November 9 and will be reviewed every 2 weeks until the position is filled.
Job offers are not final until successful competition of a reference, background and credit check.
The UMVRDC utilizes a three-part candidate screening process:
- Candidates submit a resume and cover letter highlighting three reasons why you are the best fit for this job. This information should be sent to Dawn Hegland, Executive Director email@example.com
- Up to 10 candidates will be asked to complete a full application
- Up to 5 candidates will be interviewed.
Equal Opportunity Employer