The UMVRDC exists to help cities in our region. For us, it is as simple as following our mission statement that directs us to “enable the region to thrive by assisting units of government”. We know through our recent city survey that cities have lots of needs but are having a hard time paying for them. Those needs prompted the creation of the Local Assistance Fund to help subsidize the cost of our services.
Local Assistance Fund Criteria:
- Eligible entities for the Local Assistance Fund are local units of government: cities, counties, townships, tribes, and school districts; in Big Stone, Chippewa, Lac qui Parle, Swift and Yellow Medicine Counties.
- $10,000 is earmarked for cities under 500 in population (68% of our 37 cities are under 500!). An additional $10,000 is available to all local units of governemnt in our region.
- Funds are available for RDC services in the areas of comprehensive planning, strategic planning and grant writing.
- Eligible entities may apply for a 50% reduction in the costs for RDC services up to a maximum of $5,000.
- One grant per project.
- One grant per unit of government per year.
- Local Assistance Funds are valid upon signed contract with the UMVRDC for services and will be shown as a discount on the final billing for the work outlined in the contract.
- Funds will be made available annually at the discretion of the UMVRDC.
- The UMVRDC reserves the right to update the eligibility guidelines at any time.
Download the Local Assistance Fund here.
Click here to view more information about our services that are eligible for the Local Assistance Fund.