Each year during the Meander Art Crawl, artists and customers are asked to fill out surveys. The reason we do this is to gather information about who is visiting our area during the Meander weekend, what they are spending their money on, the quality of their experience, and how the Meander benefits the artists involved. These surveys are a valuable tool for planning. The numbers have been tallied from the 2010 Meander, and the results are shown below. You can also view or download a 2010 Meander budget here.
For more information on the Meander, see the Meander page here on our website, visit the Meander website or call Kristi Fernholz, Meander coordinator, at 320-289-1981.
2010 Meander Economic Impacts
- $69,395 (44/45 surveys reported) Total reported Meander art sales to customers during the Meander weekend. (An increase of 4% from 2009; but includes 4 more surveys)
- 83% of the money raised to organize the Meander through sponsors and artists was spent on products or services (printing, paper, advertising, graphic design, staffing) in the five county area.
- $1,652 Average reported art sales per artist. (Same as 2009.)
- 50 to 1200 Reported total number of customers at individual studios for the entire weekend.
- 11 studios Average number of studios customers visited.
- 79% of customers said the quality of the art was excellent
- 78% of customers said their overall experience was excellent
- 41% attended last year
- 59% did NOT attend last year
- 80% plan to attend again next year
- 2% said they would not plan to attend next year
- 3 people per travel party
- 39% from within 5-county area
- 29% from greater Minnesota outside 5 county area
- 19% from the metro area
- 13% from out of state
Average Expenditures per Customer
- $112 Meander Art (up 12% from 2009)
- $39.67 Food (up 34% from 2009)
- $9.22 Shopping -other than art (down 30% from 2009)
- $19.78 Lodging (up 12% from 2009)