The numbers are in for the 2011 Meander Art Crawl, and with forty of the forty-five artists reporting, there is big news to report. The total art sales reported so far is $85,357, an increase of 23% from 2010!
Each year during the Meander Art Crawl, artists and customers are asked to fill out surveys. The reason we do this is to gather information about who is visiting our area during the Meander weekend, what they are spending their money on, the quality of their experience, and how the Meander benefits the artists involved. These surveys are a valuable tool for planning. The results shown below are tabulated from the 2011 artist and customer surveys that have been turned in.
2011 Meander Economic Impacts
- $85,357 total reported Meander art sales to customers during the Meander weekend. An increase of 23% from 2010! (40/45 surveys reported)
- $2,134 Average reported art sales per artist (Increase of 23% from 2010)
- 83% Money raised to organize the Meander through sponsors and artists was spent on products or services (printing, paper, advertising, graphic design, staffing) in the five county area
- 80 to 1700 Reported total number of customers at individual studios for the entire weekend
- 10 studios Average number of studios customers visited.2 people per travel party (on average)
- 78% of customers said the quality of the art was excellent
- 78% of customers said their overall experience was excellent
- 53% did NOT attend last year
- 85% plan to attend again next year
- 15% maybe plan to attend next year
- 41% came from within 5-county area
- 27% came from greater Minnesota (outside 5-county area)
- 23% came from the metro area
- 9% came from out of state
Average Expenditures per Customer (273 reporting in 2011 vs. 257 in 2010)
- $103 on Meander Art ($112 in 2010)
- $36 on Food/Gas ($40 in 2010)
- $15 on Shopping – other than art ($9 in 2010)
- $8 on Lodging ($20 in 2010)
You can also download a 1-sheet PDF containing this info right here.
For more information on the Meander, see the Meander page here on our website, visit the Meander website or Facebook page, or call Kristi Fernholz, Meander coordinator, at 320-289-1981 ext. 6.