- This event has passed.
A FREE WORKSHOP on Planning & Zoning for Small Wind & Solar
September 26, 2012 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
“Solar and small wind installations are coming soon to your community (whether you like it or not).”
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
8:30 a.m.—12:00 noon
Arrowwood Resort, Alexandria
- Market trends in renewable energy and renew-able energy technologies.
- The hows and whys of addressing solar and wind energy resources in local plans and policies
- The types of conflicts that arise with solar and wind energy installations, and distinguishing between real and perceived nuisances.
- The different technologies for harvesting local renewable energy and how different technologies can create different considerations in development regulation.
- Opportunities for local renewable energy incentives to meet your sustainability, economic development, or energy independence goals
Planner and Energy Policy, CR Planning, Inc.
Wind Energy Engineer, MN Dept of Commerce Division of Energy
Solar Energy Programs, MN Dept of Commerce Division of Energy
To Sign Up Contact:
Catherine Dubbe, GTS Registrar
Deadline: Friday, September 21