Is your community struggling to identify potential projects and resources? It can be beneficial to have a third party come in to assist with moving projects forward.
At a second meeting, held March 21 in Granite Falls at the Minnesota West Community and Technical College, those projects were reviewed and discussed. The list of potential projects was long, so one of the main goals of the meeting was to identify a “top ten” project list.
The top ten projects are:
- Rentals for canoes, paddleboats, kayaks
- Improve bicycle path
- Chamber office in KK Berge building/volunteer coffee shop
- Art in the Park
- Provide live music/theatre events downtown
- Improve pedestrian bridge
- Improve Stone Shelter, new dock at Memorial Park
- Community Garden Plots downtown
- Depot (Trailhead)
- River walks
The next step will be the development of a work plan that includes the priorities, who is responsible, financial resources, and timelines. The work plan will be presented to the Granite Falls EDA.
Contact the UMVRDC to discuss how our strategic planning experience can be put to work for your community! Call Jacki Anderson at 320-289-1981 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.