The public, local government officials and transportation supporters are invited to provide input for Minnesota’s statewide bicycle planning study at one of a number of meetings statewide (with the following dates remaining):
- March 12 in Willmar
Willmar Municipal Utilities
700 SW Litchfield Ave., Willmar, MN
- March 13 in Detroit Lakes
Detroit Lakes Public Library
1000 Washington Ave., Detroit Lakes, MN
- March 14 in St. Cloud
Whitney Senior Center
1527 Northway Drive, St. Cloud, MN
- March 15 in Duluth
Duluth City Hall Council Chambers
411 W. First St., Duluth, MN
All meetings will take place from 4 to 6 p.m., and attendees should plan to stay the entire time. The event will begin with a brief project description followed by a series of group discussions.
Those unable to attend in-person may join a statewide webinar discussion:
- March 22 – statewide webinar
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Webinar details will be posted at www.dot.state.mn.us/bike/study.html.
Participants will provide input on:
- What is working to make bicycling a safe and usable transportation option
- What needs to be improved to make bicycling a safe and usable transportation option
- Ideas for future bicycling accommodations on Minnesota roads
- Barriers to making improvements
All feedback will help MnDOT improve and develop consistent policies and practices for including bicycle components, such as wide shoulders or bike lanes, on future highway and bridge construction projects. It also will help MnDOT develop a new electronic and printable statewide bicycle map. Future public comment opportunities will take place as the project moves forward.
The public also may submit written comments:
- on the project website at: www.dot.state.mn.us/bike/study.html
- send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or postal mail to:
MnDOT Office of Transit MS 315
395 John Ireland Blvd., St. Paul, MN, 55155
For more information on the project, visit the project website at www.dot.state.mn.us/bike/study.html or contact Lindsay Knutson, UMVRDC Transportation Planner, at email@example.com or 320-289-1981 ext. 7.