Incommons.org announces it is accepting applications until February 4th for Local Government Innovation Awards.
The Local Government Innovation Awards recognize outstanding cities, counties and schools that demonstrate results in improving local services in Minnesota. The 2010-2011 cycle of awards will focus on service redesign. Up to 18 awards will be given out (6 to cities, 6 to counties, and 6 to schools) based on demonstrated innovations that integrate some of the following strategies:
- Creating greater accountability
- Using incentives, charges, and targeting to meet those in need
- Competitive contracting
- Funding consumers
- Collaboration or consolidation
- Prevention strategies that eliminate the need for a service
- Divesting current services to community groups
Citizens or other nongovernmental organizations also are welcome to nominate local government organizations. Special efforts will be made to recognize local governments of varying sizes, from both the metro area and Greater Minnesota.
For more information, click here to go to the Incommons website.