Minnesota Festival Support is a grant program designed to provide meaningful arts experiences to Minnesotans through festivals that celebrate the arts, build community, and expose communities to diverse art forms including folk and traditional arts.
The program provides funding for sponsoring or presenting organizations to feature Minnesota individual artists and Minnesota arts groups in arts festivals, or in the arts components of broader, community-based festivals.
The FY 2017 deadline is 4:30 p.m., Friday, May 13, 2016.
The Arts Board will only accept applications that are submitted and accepted by the online WebGrants system before the 4:30 p.m. deadline.
For more information visit the Minnesota State Art Board website.
Who can apply?
An organization is eligible to apply for a Minnesota Festival Support grant if it is:
- A Minnesota arts producing organization, arts presenting organization or presenting affiliate, or community group, that is exempt from taxation under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or has a nonprofit, tax-exempt fiscal agent.
- A Minnesota public agency such as a public school district or unit of local, state, or tribal government.
The applicant must provide at least 25 percent of the total project’s cash expenses from other sources, and may receive up to 75 percent of the total project’s cash expenses in combined support from the Minnesota State Arts Board and one of more or more the state’s regional arts councils.
- Panel Review: August 10–18, 2016
- Applicant Notification: September, 2016
- Project Period: November 1, 2016–October 31, 2017