Do you and your community need funding to get an energy efficiency or renewable energy project off the ground? The Clean Energy Resource Teams (CERTs) can help!
CERTs seeks to provide seed grants to support the labor costs for clean energy projects, spurring community development and supporting local jobs in Minnesota.
Project proposal should be for a community-based energy efficiency or renewable energy project that also provides a forum for community education about energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies and their economic, ecological and community benefits.
Since 2006, CERTs has funded more than 150 projects ranging from energy efficiency for city-owned buildings to solar power for schools, from on-farm wind power to renewably-heated greenhouses, and much more. Past projects can be seen at http://projects.mncerts.org, and case studies can be read at http://casestudies.mncerts.org.
CERTs offers many tools and resources to help you plan your project, so get started today! Proposals must be submitted no later than November 15th, 2011 at 5:00 pm.
CERTs is offering short (45-min) phone tutorials for this year’s application. The tutorial will go over the purpose of the CERTs Seed Grants, the application materials, and the evaluation criteria and process. The next available tutorial is Monday, November 7th at 3:00 pm.
To RSVP, please contact Michelle Vigen at 612-626-0455 or RFP@cleanenergyresourceteams.org and include your name, CERT Region, phone number, email, and the date of the call you plan to join. In response, Michelle will email you the phone number to call and materials to be downloaded prior to the phone call. Click here to see a CERTS region map.
To learn more and apply, visit http://rfp.mncerts.org.
The Clean Energy Resource Teams connect Minnesotans with resources to identify and implement energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, helping communities determine their clean energy future. www.CleanEnergyResourceTeams.org
West Central Steering Committee Members
- John Baumgartner, Baumgartner Environics, Inc. and Board of the West Central Partnership
- Bob Bonawitz, UM West Central Regional Partnership Board & Willmar Utility Commission
- Eric Buchanan, University of Minnesota West Central Research and Outreach Center
- Cheryl Glaeser, Southwest Initiative Foundation
- Jennifer Gruis, Swift County RDA
- Dawn Hegland, Upper Minnesota Valley Regional Development Commission
- Orville D. Moe, citizen, energy expert
- Troy J. Goodnough, University of Minnesota Morris
- Randy Nelson, Prairie Country RC&D
- Steve Nelson, Environmental Well & Septic
- Duane Ninneman, Clean Up the River Environment
- John Paulson, City of Hutchinson
- Dorothy Rosemeier, UM West Central Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- Sandi Sportelli, Great River Energy
- Dan Tepfer, Kandiyohi Power Cooperative
- Steve Wagner, USDA – Ag Research Service (Advisory Committee Member)
- Mike Reese, UM West Central Research & Outreach Center (Advisory Committee Member)
- Dean Schmidt, WesMin RC&D (Advisory Committee Member)