The Minnesota Area Transportation Partnerships serving Region 6W are seeking applications for Transportation Enhancement Projects eligible in 2016 for federal funding. Projects require a 20 percent cash match.
The deadline for draft applications due to the UMCRDC for review and comment is October 17, 2011 for Chippewa, Lac qui Parle and Yellow Medicine Counties (ATP 8). Deadline for the final application is November 18, 2011. Deadline for draft applications in Big Stone and Swift Counties (ATP 4) is November 11, 2011 to the UMVRDC for review and comment. The final applications are due on December 9, 2011.
Federal transportation funds are available for qualifying projects in Minnesota. There are 12 eligible transportation enhancement activities:
- Provision of facilities for pedestrians and bicycles;
- Provision of safety and educational activities;
- Acquisition of scenic easements and scenic or historic sites;
- Scenic or historic highway programs;
- Landscaping and other scenic beautification;
- Historic preservation of a transportation related structure;
- Rehabilitation and operation of historic buildings, structures, or facilities;
- Establishment of transportation museums;
- Preservation of abandoned railroad corridors;
- Control and removal of outdoor advertising;
- Archaeological planning and research; and
- Mitigation of water pollution due to highway runoff.
Click here for the application for ATP 8 – Chippewa, Lac qui Parle and Yellow Medicine Counties.
Click here for the application for ATP 4 – Swift and Big Stone Counties.
For more information, contact Dawn Hegland at 320.289.1981 ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Lindsey Knutson at 320.289.1981 ext. 7 or email email@example.com.