UMVRDC staff have been working hard to find funding opportunities for the region and sharing that information with our local units of government. A few examples of these opportunities can be found in the “News” section of our website.
UMVRDC staff have a tremendous amount of expertise and history in writing successful grants for units of government in the region. Staff are available to research funding options, field questions about eligibility and requirements, connect you with federal or state grant program contacts, complete grant applications, and manage the technical requirements of spending the grant dollars once awarded. Grant writing and management services are done on a fee-for-service basis. A customized cost estimate can be provided once a grant program has been selected and UMVRDC staff have met with you to discuss the project in detail.
The UMVRDC’s Hedgehog Grants are available to subsidize the cost for our grant writing services to make it even more affordable for all of our local units of government! Visit this page on our website for more information and an application for the Hedgehog Grants.
Recently written grants include:
- Two grants written for the Granite Falls Pedestrian Bridge:
- one for the Federal Highway Administration’s National Scenic Byways Grant,
- and the second for the Department of Natural Resources’ Federal Recreational Trails Program Grant;
- Federal Highway Administration’s National Scenic Byways Grant for the Minnesota River Valley National Scenic Byway;
- Explore Minnesota Tourism Grants for Western Minnesota Prairie Waters and Meander Upper Minnesota Art Crawl;
- Southwest Minnesota Arts & Humanities Council (SMAHC) Grant for Meander Upper Minnesota River Art Crawl;
- Forecast Arts Grant;
- Department of Employment and Economic Development’s Business Development Public Infrastructure (BDPI) program grant for the city of Dawson;
- Small Cities Development Grants for Appleton, Benson, and Clarkfield/Granite Falls.
These are just of some of the grants that have been written by the UMVRDC. For more information on the UMVRDC’s Grant Writing Services, contact one of our Community Development Planners today!
Jacki Anderson: 320-289-1981 ext. 2, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristi Fernholz: 320-289-1981 ext. 6, or email@example.com
Lindsey Knutson: 320-289-1981 ext. 7, or firstname.lastname@example.org